Overview of Electronic Scales
Electronic scales in China are generally kg scale (national standard), 1 kg =2 Jin, so 6 yuan 1 jin is 12 yuan 1 kg, so must enter 12.00, namely unit price/jin*2=unit price/kg. But some electronic scales can be directly input 12, the unit price window will display 12.00, and some has to input 12.00. Some people make non-standard scale, not kg scale but jin scale: so 6 yuan/Jin, you enter 6 or 6.00, you only have to put something in one jin (500g) on the scale, it is kg scale if display 0.500, jin scale if idspaly 1.000.
Nowadays electronic scale is a electronic weighing device using modern sensor technology, electronic technology and computer technology integration, to meet and solve the weighing needs in real life required for “fast, accurate and continuous, automatic” , meanwhile effectively eliminate human error, make it more suitable for the application requirements of legal metrology management and production process control.
Classification of Electronic Scales
- By principle: Electronic scales, mechanical scales, Electromechanical scales
- By function: counting scales, pricing scales, weighing scales
- By application: industrial scales, commercial scales, special scales
- By position: desktop scales, refers to capacity below 30kg; Platform scales: refers capacity within 30-300Kg;
Floor scales: refers to capacity more than 300Kg
- By accuracy: Class I: special balance, precision ≥ 1/100,000, called standard weighing machine
Class II: high precision balance,1/10000 ≤ precision ＜1/100,0000, called precision weighing machine
Class III: mid precision balance, 1/1000≤precision＜1/10,000 called industrial and commercial weighing machine
Class IV: ordinary scales, 1/100 ≤ precision <1/1000, called rough scales
- By measuring standard: electronic scale belongs to mid accurate class, grad III (scales accuracy definition: accurate grade III, calibration value e, calibration number n, max capacity Max. Min capacity min. So electronic scale accurate standard is combined by several measuring index. For example, grad IIIscales, the division must be 2000-10000. The higher division, the performance better, which means this scale is accurate, less error. In fact, electronic scales error is composed of several seperate tested weighing point allowed errors. Such as a max capacity 3kg scale, calibration number is 3000, calibration value is 1g, min capacity is 20g, it requires this scale cannot over allowed error on 20g, 500g, 1000g and 3000g. All points are passed can call this scale qualified.)
Checking of Electronic Scales
When check the electronic scale in calibration verification institution, there are many testing items, such as the appearance checks, anti electromagnetic interference test, measurement marks inspection, attached functions, etc.. The newly purchased scales can be used only after be approved by local metrological department, and have to be annually inspected. Only certified scale can be regarded as an accurate. The higher the accuracy of the electronic scale, the smaller the error, the better the weighing performance, and the higher the price.